Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Songs for Run #1

A few people have asked me what was on my playlist for my first 5k of 2011.  It's listed below with a few comments.  One thing I'll say about every one of these songs is that the beat is just great for me to run to.

Enjoy!

  1. Hey Ya! by OutKast - The line "Lend me some sugar, I AM your neighbor" puts a huge smile on my face.  What could be better than smiling through a run in 12 degree weather?
  2. Country Grammar (Explicit version) by Nelly - "Hot Shit" opens this song.  And I'd like to think that I was hot shit for even beginning this crazy goal!
  3. Poison by Bell Biv DeVoe - "Never trust a big butt and a smile"... well, I'd love to have the big butt minus the big midsection.  And I've been told my smile is a very nice ASSet.  
  4. What's Your Fantasy by Ludacris - Because one of my favorite fantasies involves me looking smokin' hot.  Running is helping me get smokin' hot!
  5. All These Things That I've Done by The Killers - Okay, here's the thing...  If you aren't running while listening to this song, then you're really not listening.  There's so much passion, and so many things this song could mean to you personally.  It gets my blood moving, and says to me "Seriously Lisa?  RUN!"
  6. Game Over (Explicit version) by Doomtree - Doomtree is a new group for me.  But this song caught my attention with the line "It's all been done, it's all been fixed, it's all the same."  Has it all been done?  "Welcome to the future, rap won't save you."
  7. The Next Episode (Explicit version) by Dr. Dre - Alright, I like Dre.  I love Snoop.  Dirty Rap is my thing.  But this song was a total bust for me on this run.  It was too slow for me, and didn't have a message to deliver as the other songs did.
  8. P.I.M.P. (Explicit version) by 50 Cent - Again, I like the Dirty Rap.  But it was too slow for me, there wasn't a message that I could find, and all I wanted to do was sit down and enjoy drink!
  9. Yellow Ledbetter by Pearl Jam - Now this one is a little hard to explain.  Actually, I get a little emotional explaining this one.  It turns out, this song happened to be on my iPod shuffle last August.  I had put a bunch of rock songs on the device to listen to while running for the Ragnar race (which is an experience I STILL haven't been able to blog about).  Of the songs I dumped on there, Yellow Ledbetter was one of them.  I decided earlier in the day that I'd like to mix up my music for each 5k this year, but that I would do my best to have Yellow Ledbetter be the last song I hear.  
I got less than 15 seconds into Yellow Ledbetter last weekend.  Less than 15 seconds into the song I wanted to end my run with.  I'm proud of that fact.  I underestimated myself.  I proved myself wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment