Monday, June 29, 2009

The Happy Face

Sometimes I have to put on my "happy face". Most times when I have to do this, I don't really like what I'm doing. I mean, really, if I have to put it on, then it's forced. I'm obviously not really happy if I'm just putting on that face.

My sister said that she's impressed with how well I put on my happy face. She says that people have been wrong all these years about me not having any patience. I guess in a way she's right. I am pretty good about going along with things because I know it makes people in my life happy. I don't usually go along with just anything though... usually if I'm putting up with something it's because I really truly care about the people I'm with at the time.

But sometimes putting on my happy face is draining. It can be overwhelming to be happy all the time, and to go with the flow. Sometimes I need to stick up for my own wants and desires. Sometimes this leads to crying like a big baby. And usually I feel better.

I guess the happy face is okay for a while. But reality needs to set in, and I need to be okay with my true emotions too.

3 comments:

  1. It's like a halloween mask with poor ventilation. You can put it on for a while - because you'll get more candy with that Kick A$$ costume - but at some point you just need a big, deep breath of air. Oh, and you can't eat your candy with that damn mask on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! YES, that's exactly how I feel!!! Thanks Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so exactly it! And really you wear the mask very well. I am impressed over and over again with your ability to do it. You do have lots and lots of patience, and I'm happy to be one of the people that you don't always have to put on the happy face for...I don't even mind if you wear that ugly green scary mask ;)

    ReplyDelete