Monday, December 28, 2009

All in a Day's Work!

Sometimes I kick the Lizard on the eliptical machine in our Engineer's shop upstairs. The space is very industrial-like, but the Engineers also have their offices there. Today I finish kicking it, and am trying to sneak to the elevator without seeing anyone. BUT, our Chief Engineer sees me. The follow ensues.

Chief: "Lisa! Hey, could you help me with something on my computer?"
Lisa: (Mortified as I'm beet red, I stink, and I'm fairly certain that my shirt is soaked with the sweat dripping off my body) I sort of give him a funny look and say, "Uh, sure, I can help... if you need me right now".
Chief: "Yeah, yeah, that would be great!"

We then head to his desk where I help him with a non-emergency IT issue. But the whole time I'm thinking, "Really, this couldn't have waited even 20 minutes so I could go shower?!" Uff da!

No comments:

Post a Comment