Thursday, July 16, 2009

Turns out...

I constantly learn things about myself. It's strange to say that considering I am me, and I should know who I am better than anyone else, right?! But it's true, it seems that nearly every day I learn something about myself.

Over the last couple of weeks I have learned two new things. Turns out that I A.) am a cheerleader and B.) enjoy walking.

A. I've played softball and volleyball for about as long as I can remember. I've never been exceptional at these two sports, but I've always enjoyed playing. I always give it my best, and my all.

But it turns out that I, Lisa Elizabeth McIntyre, am a CHEERLEADER!!! I LOVE cheering people on! I love the encouragement, the positive words, and the excitement. I love giving people I love the extra verbal boost they need.

I love making signs for people when they are competing in races. I love wearing feather boas and being excited. I love cheering!

B. Holy smokes, I hate running. It's exhausting, and sweaty, and nasty. But holy smokes, I LOVE walking! It's exhaustingly refreshing! It's an accomplished sweaty-ness! And it's a nasty addiction! I've only been power walking for about a week now, but I'm in love.

I especially love walking during the day. I love getting out of my stuffy office to get some sun on my face. I love breathing in the fresh air. I love cranking up the tunes and forgetting about my cube for a while. It's awesome!

I like learning about myself. And it turns out, I'm liking myself more and more as I get to know myself better.

5 comments:

  1. This made me smile. I love this! :)

    Turns out...you're freakin' awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol...exactly..you are freaking awesome! ~oh, and I would *LOVE* to see you in a cheerleader outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are the *best* cheerleader I've ever met! Honestly, I know you came to the race to cheer for your sister, but you had so much cheer in you, that I was able to steal some for myself! You ARE freaking awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We may spend the most time with ourselves but there are some things that we can't know until we see ourselves from the outside. Like I've always known you are a cheerleader. It's in your soul. Just like you being a great person is in your soul. Oh, and ditto on the wanting to see you in the cheerleader outfit - Halloween? Or you can just drop by any time ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this post, Lisa :) You are a natural cheerleader because you just so naturally exude so much love. From the first day I met you at the Fieldhouse, I saw and felt that part of you :) Thanks babe - I am so glad that you are you!!

    ReplyDelete