Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Sometimes I forget

Sometimes my life is going so well, and my emotions are so level that I forget I am bi-polar. Sometimes I forget that I'm a raging rollercoaster, and I can snap with nearly no warning.

Then there are times like last night, when I see things that remind me just how brittle my emotions can be. Watching the season premier of House last night made me remember that I've been there.

I've been the one who wasn't allowed sharp scissors during arts and crafts because they were a hazard to my (and other's) health. I've been the one who slept in that hospital bed, with her little booties and standard hospital pajamas. I've been the one who hit rock bottom for no apparent reason.

Sometimes I forget. Then I remember. And sometimes remembering hurts.

3 comments:

  1. I cry hard tears because I love you so much and you being in pain hurts me too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget that you have glorious highs too. That doesn't make the lows feel any less low but it does mean that those lows aren't all that you are. Not nearly all.

    ReplyDelete