Tuesday, May 5, 2009

What did you do?

Recently I went away on a romantic weekend with my husband. We badly needed some time together as he had just finished working 80+ hours a week during the Tax Season. We decided to take a short road trip to Duluth, MN. We got a couple of recommendations on places to stay and eat, and things to do.



So when I got back to work on Monday morning, my coworkers wanted to know what we "did". I couldn't tell them what we actually did because it wasn't work appropriate. So my answer was "We just hung out, and relaxed." This was not a sufficient answer and I was pressed for more details. I sort of laughed and said, "No really, we just relaxed. We took a weekend away, just the two of us. It was nice". The response was looks of irritation and disapointment. As if the report of my weekend was going to get them out of a case of the MUN-days.

But, just to prove that we actually did stuff in Duluth, I am providing a top ten list of things we did over the weekend. Had I not engaged my verbal filter, my coworkers would have learned that:
  1. We had sex... Quick "let's just do it" sex and slow "let's take our time" sex.
  2. We drank a lot of alcohol and ate some tasty foods.
  3. We had sex.
  4. We played cards (rummy, speed, crazy 8's) and a board game called "Let's F*ck".
  5. We had sex.
  6. We visited the zoo.
  7. We got kicked out of a bar (okay, just I got kicked out, but he gathered my belongings for me)
  8. We had sex.
  9. We played shuffleboard!!!
  10. We had sex!

Now really... would that have made those pesky coworkers happy???

4 comments:

  1. You need a separate blog to tell the story of #7. NOW! :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second that motion! And am so happy you managed to get some shuffleboard in between all that sex :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not much to tell for #7. We were at Grandma's Sports bar, and I was feeling pretty fiesty. Brian has picked up on my cues of when I'm feeling up a for a fight. It finally happened when the manager wouldn't give us any wax for shuffleboard. So I told him to go @#&% himself. He didn't like that too much, and threw me out! Eh, not the first time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wtf was the manager thinking messing with a red head?! This whole fiery temper thing? Not a myth! We'll fing cutchoo b!tch!

    ReplyDelete